Rotor Blade Inspection
The rotor blades of a wind turbine are subject to heavy loads due to the emerging operational loads and the additional environmental influences. Because of that and the handcrafted manufacturing process the rotor blades can cause damage, which can lead to loss of earnings, high downtimes, even to the total loss of the wind turbine and to the public endangerment.
Our SYSWE inspection service helps you to check the reliability of your rotor blades and extend the service life.
For manufacturing reasons and/or due to the loads occurring during operation, the following listed damages can occur on a rotor blade:
- pores and cavities (air pockets/inclusions)
- holes and spallings
- delamination and ondulation
- adhesive joint malfunction
- burning by lightning strike
The non-contact methods for inspections of the rotor blades
The SYSWE inspection service offers
- optical methods for inspecting the surface of a rotor blade
- and thermographic methods for detecting damage within the structure of a rotor blade.
The optical and thermographic methods are executable:
- from air
- from ground
- during manufacturing