The reason for measuring the surface temperature of the living body (horse, dog, etc.) is that pathological changes often indicate local warming. Thermography is therefore particularly suitable for the early detection of pathological conditions in the musculoskeletal system.
The following components of animals can be reliably examined with thermography:
- Circulatory disturbances
- Focus of inflammation
- Soft tissue
- Connective tissue
- Tendons and tendon sheath
- nerve inflammation
- Spine, shoulder, innominate bone
- Adaptation of riding saddles
- Prophylactic check-up
- Training monitoring
- Therapy monitoring
- Behavioural disorders:
- Movement disorder
- Head banging
- Impulse posture
- Relieving posture
- Refusal of food intake
Advantages of thermography:
- The animal (horse, dog, etc.) ist not touched during the measurement. Thus anesthesia or sedation are not necessary!
- The measurements can be performed for every animal.
- The animal is not exposed to any stress situation – it does not affect the animal.
- A early detection of disorders is possible. Other significantly more expensive examination methods or hospital stays for finding Problems are eliminated.
- We carry out the examination on-site. A transport of the animal is not necessary.
- In cooperation with your veterinarian therapeutic measures can be prepared.
When selecting your service provider, pay attention to the qualification and additionally ask about the quality of the camera. SYSWE uses a high resolution thermal imaging camera (FLIR P620) with a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. Since 1999 SYSWE has had experience in thermography and is also a member of the Federal Association for Applied Thermography.
Call us on +49 4222-805 805 0 or send us an e-mail. We will gladly make you an individual offer!